Firefighters saved a house from being consumed by flames early this morning (Tuesday).
They were called to a fire at the home in Dundas Gardens in Whitby at 12.23pm.
The porch and its contents were alight. “Flammable contents had overheated and ignited,” a North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said.
The scene of the fire
Station Manager Tony Walker said on Twitter: “Crews did a great job stopping the flames entering the property and limiting damage. No persons injured.”
Fire crews from Whitby and Lythe put out the flames with one hose reel jet.