Firefighters rescue resident from smoke-logged home in York
Firefighters were called to reports of smoke coming from a home in York last night.
Crews were called to Sowerby Road in Holgate at 6.02pm.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On arrival, crew found the property had become smoke logged due to a pan of food on a hob left unattended.
“The occupier was escorted from the property and checked by paramedics.
“Crews removed the pan of food, isolated the power to the hob and ventilated the property.”