Firefighters had to take direct action to tackle a kitchen fire in a York flat yesterday evening (Friday).
A neighbour reported fire alarms sounding and a smell of smoke in a flat off Bishopgate Street at 4.54pm.
Crews from Acomb and York went to the scene.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Upon arrival the crew had to force entry into a flat and found a pan of eggs on fire.
“The crew extinguished the fire using a bucket of water and positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the flat.
“The cause is thought to have been accidental due to cooking left unattended.”
[tptn_list limit=3 daily=1 hour_range=1]