Fire in York flat causes damage to kitchen

Carmelite Street, York. Photograph © Google Street View
17 Sep 2019 @ 8.46 am
| News

Three fire crews attended a blaze in a York flat.

Firefighters from York, Acomb and Huntington were called out at 11.29pm last night (Tuesday) to the fire in a second floor flat on Carmelite Street, Hungate.

It caused fire and smoke damage to the kitchen.

Crews extinguished the fire with one hose reel jet and used a ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

There are no reports of any casualties.