Firefighters tackled a fire at a York bungalow last night.
Crews from Huntington and Acomb responded to a fire in the kitchen of the home in Meadowfields Drive, Huntington, at 7.36pm.
Caused by a chip pan, it gutted the kitchen and caused smoke damage to most of the rest of the bungalow.
Meadowfields Drive, York
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “All occupants were out on arrival of fire crews.
“Crews extinguished using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
“Damage caused was approx 75% fire damage to the kitchen and 75% smoke damage to the rest of the property.”