Three fire crews battled a blaze in North Yorkshire today which destroyed the first floor of a house.
Firefighters from Boroughbridge, Knaresborough and Harrogate were called out at 1.09am this morning (Sunday) to the house in Roecliffe Drive, Minskip, near Boroughbridge.
Friends of the woman and her young son who lived there say the family have lost everything.
A funding page has been set up to help them.
Fire crews tackled the blaze from an aerial platform with house reel jets. Six firefighters used breathing apparatus.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The fire which started in a bedroom caused 100% fire damage to the first floor of the property and smoke damage throughout the house.
“Crews used 6 breathing apparatus sets, two hose reel jets, door enforcer, 9m ladder, thermal imaging camera and small tools.
“They also gained access to a neighbouring property to check for fire spread.”
The cause of the fire is believed to be a candle. Nobody was hurt in the incident.