Fire crews put out blaze in Selby living room

Library photograph: YorkMix
1 Jan 2021 @ 10.35 am
| News

Fire crews were called out to a fire in Selby on New Year’s Eve (Thursday).

Following a call at 5.07pm, firefighters went to the fire in the living room on second floor of the residential property.

It is thought to have started when candles set fire to curtains.

The crew put out the fire. It caused 30% fire damage to room and partial smoke damage throughout rest of the property.

A burst plastic radiator pipe caused by the fire led to water damage too.