Elderly woman suffers from smoke inhalation after York house fire

Library photograph: YorkMix
11 Sep 2019 @ 8.51 am
| News

An elderly woman was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation after a fire in York.

Firefighters from York and Huntington were called out to the incident, in a property off Hamilton Drive at 8.06pm last night (Tuesday).

They discovered a small fire on a kitchen worktop. They put it out and used a fan to ventilate the property.

Paramedics checked over the elderly resident at the scene.

The cause of the fire was due to candles being left unattended.