Issued by North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
A female aged 81 years was rescued by York and Acomb firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, from a premises on Brook Street, York, in which a fire had started in a metal bucket causing the property to fill with smoke.
The female was provided with oxygen therapy at scene prior to being transported to hospital by ambulance, suffering smoke inhalation.
Fire crews extinguished the metal container by use of one hosereel, the cause being attributed to careless disposal of smokers materials. The fire was confined to the bin only, though the premises suffered significant smoke damage.
This content has not been created by YorkMix but by one of our trusted news sources. YorkMix is not responsible for the accuracy of the text.