This was the moment when a van caught fire on a Selby road.
Firefighters were called out to the blaze, on Holme Lane, at 5.02pm yesterday (Sunday).
They say the fire destroyed the van.
A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service said: “It’s believed the fire started in the battery under the front seat.”
Crews used two hose reel jets, breathing apparatus, small tools and thermal imaging camera as they put the blaze out.
This happened on a road that has just been opened into the Holmes Estate. Part of road surface melted in the intense heat.