Two crews were called to reports of a fire at a house in York.
It happened at 5.40pm yesterday (Sunday).
Firefighters from York and Huntington responded to a report of a fire in an oven on Byland Avenue.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On arrival crews found that there had been a small fire in an oven due to an excessive amount of grease.
“Crews ventilated the property and gave advice to the occupant.”
Later, at 5.03am, firefighters were called out to 12 garden fence panels on fire in Acomb. They used a hose reel to put out the fire.