Crews called to fire in York home
Crews were called to a fire in a York home last night (Wednesday).
Acomb firefighters responded to the incident in Upper Poppleton at 9.19pm.
It was a chimney fire. A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “This was discovered to be an overheating light in a fire surround.
“The crew removed the light fitting and surrounding plasterboard using small tools.
“A thermal imaging camera was used to check for fire spread. Smoke detectors were also fitted for the resident.”