Issued by North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
At 1235 hours the Fire Service were called to a property on Second Avenue in York by a neighbour who had heard the smoke alarm sounding and upon investigation noticed a large amount of smoke in the kitchen.
Fire engines from York attended and found a pot of food on fire on the hob in the kitchen of a privately rented property. The fire caused fire damage to the food and light smoke damage to the kitchen.
There were two smoke alarms in the property and both activated. Fire crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to deal with the fire.
This content has not been created by YorkMix but by one of our trusted news sources. YorkMix is not responsible for the accuracy of the text.