A fire started in a North Yorkshire chapel following midnight mass early on Christmas morning.
Tadcaster and Acomb appliances responded to reports of a fire at Hazlewood at 11.46am on Christmas Day.
The caller was uncertain as to when the fire took place.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On arrival, fire crews confirmed the fire was extinguished.
“They damped down the affected area and ventilated the premises. The fire had caused damage to the font, adjacent carpet and pews.
“Cause believed to have been a candle left unattended following midnight mass. Advice given.”