A teenager ended up in hospital after being attacked on a York street in broad daylight.
The assault took place at around 2.30-2.40pm last Friday (21 April).
A 15-year-old teenage boy, was walking along Tower Street near to Clifford’s Tower with a friend when he was punched in the face.
The assault caused bruising and cuts to his right eye, which required hospital treatment.
A North Yorkshire Police spokesperson said: “Officers are requesting the public’s assistance to help establish the full circumstances surrounding the incident.
“They’d particularly like to speak to person who was seen in the area where the assault took place, who may have important information which would help the investigation.”
He’s described as
- a white teenage boy
- aged between 15 and 16 years old
- around 5ft 6 in tall
- with a slight to slim build.
He was wearing a black or dark grey tech fleece tracksuit.
Anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact police on the numbers below.
How to help the police
- Call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for PC 144 McQueen
- Email PC McQueen here
- Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the website
- Quote reference number 12230071758