Book lovers in York have the chance to discover if the next J K Rowling or Ian Rankin is living in the city. A group of local professional authors have joined forces to showcase their work to the public and meet potential new readers.
Members of the new York Authors group include fiction and non-fiction writers and poets.
We are holding a launch event at Waterstones bookshop in York on October 11, where members of the public will be able to meet writers and talk about their work face to face.
They will also be able to buy signed copies of books and take part in a quiz with the amazing prize of a whole basket of books by York Authors.
Among those taking part are
- Helen Cadbury, author of crime thriller To Catch A Rabbit
- Fiona Shaw, whose latest book is A Stone’s Throw
- historical novelist Tom Harper who wrote The Orpheus Descent
- Donna Douglas, who writes the bestselling Nightingale novels, adding The Nightingale Girls in 2012
- Miles Salter, whose latest work of poetry, Animals, was launched last month
- Tim Murgatroyd, author of an epic Chinese trilogy
- and YorkMix Poet In Residence Carole Bromley.
Helen Cadbury said: “The launch of York Authors is a chance to celebrate the rich and varied literary scene in York.
“It’s also a chance for readers to meet writers of books written locally but published nationally and internationally.”
About York Authors
Looking for a good read? Set in York? Written in York? Looking for a good book for your reading group? A York author for an upcoming event? A York writer to visit your school?
This is what York Authors is for – to showcase the work of professional authors writing in the historic city of York. Find out more on our website.
- The York Authors launch event takes place at Waterstones, Pavement, on October 11, from 6.45pm until 8pm.
- Read more YorkMix stories about books here