Appeal as man arrested after serious collision in York

6 Oct 2013 @ 1.20 pm
| News

Issued by North Yorkshire Police

Police investigating a road collision in York in which a woman was seriously injured are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

The crash happened at 6.05am on Saturday 5 October 2013 when a silver Suzuki Swift was travelling along Scarcroft Road towards The Mount, when it hit an unattended parked car and overturned.

The driver, a 33-year-old York man left the scene of the incident but was arrested a short time later after officers tracked his movements through the South Bank area to a nearby football field where he was arrested.

The arrested man has been given police bail while enquiries continue.

One passenger in the vehicle, a 22-year-old woman from the York area, was cut from the wreckage by North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service and taken to Leeds General Infirmary with serious pelvic injuries where she remains in a serious but stable condition.

A second passenger in the vehicle, a man, was checked over at the scene by paramedics but did not require hospital treatment.

Police are appealing to anyone who either witnessed the collision or saw the silver Suzuki Swift prior to the crash to contact them.

Traffic Constable Andy MacLeod, said: “We have spoken to a number of witnesses but it’s vital that anyone else who can assist the investigation but has not contacted us yet, gets in touch.

“It’s very important that we gather every piece of information about the crash – no matter how small or insignificant you think your call would be – please do not hesitate to contact us. Witnesses who either saw the car before the crash as well as those who witnessed the actual collision are urged to get in touch as soon as they can.”

If you can help, please call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Andy Macleod. Or you can email him by clicking here.

Please quote incident number 12130172762 when passing on information about this incident.

The 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of several motoring offences and assaulting a police officer during the execution of their duty. He remains in police custody.


This content has not been created by YorkMix but by one of our trusted news sources. YorkMix is not responsible for the accuracy of the text.