The York Ice Trail is back – and will take visitors ‘around the world’.
After being cancelled last year due to government restrictions and postponed from February due to Covid concerns, the much-loved family-friendly trail is back for 2022.
York Ice Trail 2022 will take place on Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 March.
Use our interactive map to find all the ice sculpture’s for this year’s trail.
Organised by Make It York with First York as the main sponsor, the theme for this year is Around the World – go travelling to real and fictional places and see how many sculptures you can spot.
Win £1,000 with YorkMix Radio
For the first time, YorkMix Radio has an ice sculpture in the York Ice Trail.
Found on Parliament Street, the sculpture is also a competition – with a whopping £1,000 prize!
Lots of Mixy Monsters are trapped in the ice. But can you guess how many?
Send in your entry via the YorkMix phone app – and the winner will be announced on the Breakfast Mix with Ben and Laura on Monday 7 March.
Ten to spot
Make It York has suggested ten more must-see sculptures. They are:
- ‘The First York Park & Ride bus in St Sampson’s Square
- ‘Wonderland’ at Middletons Hotel has four sculptures to find
- Make It York’s ‘Around the World’ sculpture features outside the Visitor Information Centre on Blake Street
- Ahead of the Rugby League World Cup coming to York this autumn, see one of the real trophies and one in ice on Parliament Street
- City of York Council’s ‘The York Skyline’ features York’s famous landmarks
- Bradleys’ Eco Rocks Diamond sculpture on Low Petergate will be giving away a diamond ring
- The National Railway Museum’s Fabergé’s Trans-Siberian Railway Egg, is on High Petergate
- York BID have SEVEN sculptures to find this year – one for every continent of the world – all inspired by Disney characters at various locations across the city
- There’ll be a ‘Flying Carpet in the Market’ with Shambles Market’s sculpture
- And York Dungeon have pitched up their Wanted: Dick Turpin sculpture in Spurriergate – there might even be some ghoulish friends ready to meet you there!
All the sculptures
Around the World provided by Make It York
The Home of Pizza & Pasta provided by ASK Italian
The York Skyline provided by City of York Council
The Queen of Hearts provided by The Judge’s Lodging
Oceania: Bruce (Nemo) provided by York BID
May I Take Your Luggage? provided by The Grand, York
70 Years Anniversary Oak provided by North York Moors National Park
Leap of Faith by Gudelia Li provided by Hudson Quarter
South America: Kevin (UP) provided by York BID
The Executioner’s Block provided by Middletons Hotel
Cheshire Cat provided by York Gin
The White Rabbit provided by Middletons Hotel
Mad Hatters Tea Party provided by Middletons Hotel
Take the Helm, Captain! provided by City Cruises
Penguin on Parade provided by York Army Museum
Africa: Simba (Lion King) provided by York BID
Wanted: Dick Turpin provided by York Dungeon
Big Ben Strikes Ate O’Clock provided by Ate O’Clock
The Vikings provided by Coppergate Centre
The Melting Earth provided by Spark: York
Antartica: Olaf (Frozen) provided by York BID
Europe: Remi (Ratatouille) provided by York BID
The LNER Azuma Selfie provided by LNER
North America: Pepita (Coco) provided by York BID
The Sovereign’s Orb provided by York Minster
Fabergé’s Trans-Siberian Railway Egg provided by National Railway Museum
Eco Rocks Diamond by Kay Bradley provided by Bradleys
Waitress provided by Lucia Bar
Atlas the Turtle provided by Turtle Bay
The Bettys Express Train provided by Bettys
Heavenly Delight provided by Heavenly Desserts
Asia: Sisu (Raya and the Last Dragon) provided by York BID
The Astronaut provided by Shepherd Group
Space Shuttle provided by Viewpoint
Live Carving provided by York Ice Trail
Cow Print provided by Cut and Craft
Rugby League World Cup Trophy celebrating York as a host city
Norris the Knight provided by York Knights
Flying Carpet in the Market provided by Shambles Market
Bug Count Cash Giveaway provided by YorkMix
Wizard Golf Challenge provided by The Hole in the Wand
Graffiti Wall provided by York Ice Trail
First York Park & Ride provided by First York
York Ice Trail is a free event that is perfect for all the family to have a great day out.
For more information and updates visit the Visit York website.