Large parts of a York house have been destroyed by fire today (Friday).
Crews from York, Tadcaster and Huntington responded to reports of the blaze at a house on Askham Lane at 11.18am.
They also sent the aerial platform.
The scene of the fire
The fire started in the bathroom. It then spread to the roof.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The fire caused 100% fire damage to the bathroom, 75% fire damage to the roof, and 50% smoke damage to the rest of the property.
“Crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, small tools, a triple extension ladder, roof ladder and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish, damp down and investigate.”
The fire was caused by an electrical fault.