Firefighters were called out to a fire in a home in Acomb, York, last night (Thursday).
An Acomb crew went to Danebury Drive at 7.03pm.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On arrival crews confirmed a minor fire had occurred caused by a poorly discarded cigarette.
Danebury Drive, York
“Crews used a shower head to fully extinguish the cigarette and ventilated the property.”
They also gave advice to the occupiers.
Later, at 12.24am, Acomb firefighters were called to reports of a fire in the open at Bellhouse Way.
They found a small motorcycle on fire. Crew put the fire out using a back pack sprayer.