Emergency services were called out today when a construction worker was hurt after hitting a power cable.
The incident happened on Nessgate in York city centre at 8.41am this morning (Monday).
Fire crews from Acomb and York responded to an initial report of a possible gas leak in a commercial property after a gas pipe was breached.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “On their arrival, crews found that it was a power cable that had been hit and the construction worker involved had been taken to hospital for precautionary checks.
“Crews liaised with construction workers and stood by until the arrival of gas engineers and the electricity board to make the scene safe.”