Two adults and two children taken to hospital after York house fire

4 Oct 2019 @ 7.33 am
| News

A family had to be taken to hospital after a fire at their house near York early today.

The fire service were called out to a house in Stockton on the Forest at 1.11am on Friday (4 October).

Crews from Huntington and York went to the incident. The fire was in the living room.

Two adults and two children suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to hospital by ambulance.

Two firefighters used breathing apparatus as part of the response to tackle the blaze.

A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said:

  • The cause is believed to have been a laptop left on charge on the sofa.

    Fortunately smoke detectors were fitted, they activated and raised the alarm.