Three fire crews tackle kitchen blaze at York flat

Library photograph: YorkMix
10 May 2019 @ 7.26 am
| News

Firefighters tackled a kitchen fire in a York flat on Thursday evening (9 May).

Crews from Acomb, York and Huntington were called to reports of a fire in the property on Acomb Road at 7.50pm.

A cardboard box containing household items had caught fire after being left on the hob.

Crews put out the fire, which caused smoke damage throughout the flat.

The smoke detectors fitted in the property raised the alarm. The cause is believed to be accidental.