Three fire crews tackle blaze at York house
Firefighters tackled a house fire in York last night (Saturday).
Crews from York, Acomb and Huntington responded to a bedroom on fire at a home on Rawcliffe Lane at 9.21pm.
Everyone was safely outside by the time they arrived. Six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus worked to extinguish the flames with two hose reel jets.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The believed cause is accidental from a lithium ion battery that was charging in the room.”