Time to test those little grey cells. Ten questions about York, all multiple choice. Are you a super swot or a breeze block bonce?
Answers follows the questions. No cheating mind.
1. What is the largest locomotive in the National Railway Museum?
a. Flying Scotsman
b. Chinese locomotive
c. Hawkesworth ‘pannier tank’
2. Where is the founder of Betty’s originally from?
3. Which of the shows does NOT feature at The York Dungeon?
a. Guy Fawkes
c. The Lost Viking
4. What is the oldest building in York?
a. The Norman House
b. Merchant Adventurers’ Hall
c. Clifford’s Tower
5. Which of these was not a Mayor or Lord Mayor of York?
a. Sir Tancred Robinson
b. Thomas Drawsword
c. Walter de Helmsley
6. How many visitors has the Jorvik centre had in the last 29 years?
a. 16 million
b. 20 million
c. 11.5 million
7. What was once stored in the long lost Holy Trinity Church in King’s Square?
a. Roman coins
c. Musical instruments
8. What was the original role of the York St John University building on Lord Mayor’s Walk?
a. Private school for girls
b. Nursing home
c. Teacher training college
9. Why do the top floors of Shambles buildings overhang the ground floors?
a. Because the architects in those days were rubbish
b. To protect the meat in the butchers shops from sunlight
c. So it was easier to pass things from one house to another
10. What bridge is this?
a. Ouse Bridge
b. Skeldergate Bridge
c. Lendal Bridge
Ready to check your answers? Sure? You’ll find them here.