A sinkhole has opened up in a York street.
The hole was first discovered by residents on Falkland Street, Bishophill, last night (Friday).
And the road around the hole is also cracked.
It was reported to City of York Council who have since fenced off the hole.
Cars can still get through the road.
It is the latest of a series of sinkholes that have appeared on York roads:
- in July 2019, Walmgate was flooded after a sinkhole opened up
- in September 2019, a hole closed Bishopthorpe Road
- in July 2021, one appeared in Greenshaw Drive, Haxby
- in February 2022, South Bank Avenue was partially closed by a sinkhole
- in May 2022, a large hole opened up near Huntington Primary School.