Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
These are the full rules governing our contest – see Win £180 towards your heating bill and stay warm this winter.
1. Promoter: Safegas Limited, Company Registered Number 03061492, Registered Office: Gemini House, Sandbeck Way, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS22 7PN.
2. This prize draw is open to private homeowners whose home is situated in one of the eligible postcodes set out below in the Yorkshire area (the “Area”) and who own a gas boiler and are aged 18 years or over (a “Person”).
Eligible postcodes in the area: HG1, HG2, HG3, HG4, HG5, LS1, LS2, LS3, LS4, LS5, LS6, LS7, LS8, LS9, LS10, LS11, LS12, LS13, LS14, LS15, LS16, LS17, LS18, LS19, LS20, LS21, LS22, LS23, LS24, LS25, LS26, LS27, LS28, LS29, YO1, YO7, YO8, YO10, YO19, YO23, YO24, YO26, YO30, YO31, YO32, YO41, YO42, YO51, YO60, YO61.
Employees of the Promoter, other Promoter group companies, HomeServe Alliance Limited, other HomeServe Alliance Limited group companies, York Mix, other York Mix group companies and/or their families, agents or any other person connected with the promotion or administration of this prize draw cannot enter this prize draw. Tenanted properties are excluded from the prize draw. One entry per Person. By entering this prize draw your entry will be submitted into this prize draw only.
3. The winner will receive one (1) gas boiler service of a gas boiler located in the winner’s property situated in the Area and a cheque for the sum of £180.00 (one hundred and eighty pounds) (together the “Prize”). Only one (1) Prize awarded under this prize draw.
4. To enter the prize draw, complete the details requested on the online form located on this post – Win £180 towards your heating bill and stay warm this winter – between 09:00am on Monday 24th November 2014 (the “Opening Date”) and 9.00am on Monday 15th December 2014 [ (the “Closing Date”). Entries received before the Opening Date and after the Closing Date will not be entered into the prize draw. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended.
5. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries submitted through agencies and third parties.
6. The Prize will be completed by a Gas Safe registered engineer employed by the Promoter or by a Gas Safe registered contractor instructed by the Promoter (a “Contractor”).
7. By entering this prize draw and providing your contact details you agree that YorkMix may add your email address to its newsletter mailing list.
8. Scheduling of the works to complete the Prize will be subject to the Promoter’s and the winner’s availability, but the Promoter will endeavour to undertake the Prize within 60 days of the Closing Date. The winner must be present whilst the boiler service is undertaken.
9. The boiler service shall be subject to the relevant Promoter’s or Contractor’s terms and conditions and UK legislation, including without limitation legislation relating to health and safety.
10. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. However, the name and county of the prize winner will be made available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Safegas/ The Harrogate Informer Prize Draw Winner, C/O Marketing Manager, HomeServe Alliance Limited, Kingsgate, 1 Bravington’s Walk, Regent Quarter, London N1 9AE.
11. The prize draw will take place following the Closing Date. The winner will be notified in writing. It is each entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the contact details they provide are accurate and complete. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for any loss whatsoever should the Promoter be unable to contact the winner or should the winner be unable to accept the Prize. If the Prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner, the Promoter will be entitled to dispose of the Prize as it sees fit without any liability to the winner for having done so.
12. The Prize is non transferable. The Prize must be accepted as offered, there are no alternatives. There is no entrance fee.
13. If requested to do so by the Promoter and/or YorkMix, the winner will take part in promotional activities.
14. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
15. Entry into the prize draw implies acceptance of these rules as final and binding.
16. Notwithstanding that the whole or any part of any of these terms and conditions may prove to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the other terms and conditions and remainder of the term and condition in question shall remain in full force and effect.
17. Entries which appear in the opinion of the Promoter to have not been submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions will be disqualified from the prize draw.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this prize draw at any time without notice.