Issued by North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service
November 22, 2013
Location: Oak Tree Grove, New Earswick, York
Fire Control received a call stating there was a house fire at the above location. Two fire engines were quickly sent from York and on arrival crews found a downstairs bedroom well alight.
Two occupants a female aged 47 and a boy aged 13 were out of the property on arrival of the fire service. They were taken to hospital for a precautionary check for smoke inhalation.
The bedroom sustained severe fire damage and the rest of the property suffered moderate smoke damage. The cause is believed to be due to candles
The fire was extinguished by fire crews using two hose reel, four breathing apparatus A positive pressure ventilation fan and a thermal imaging camera were also used.
This content has not been created by YorkMix but by one of our trusted news sources. YorkMix is not responsible for the accuracy of the text.