Pigs were saved from a fire in a barn in a village in the North York Moors National Park early today (Tuesday).
Fire crews from Danby and Lythe were called to the fire in Castleton, near Whitby at 12.18am.
A barn measuring about 30ft by 40ft was alight.
Before firefighters arrived the owner had managed to release the pigs.
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews extinguished the fire and rescued a further three piglets.
“The cause is thought to have been due to an electrical fault and fire crews used a hose reel jet, thermal imaging, lighting and pitch forks to deal with the incident.
“The fire caused 100% fire damage to the barn.”