A passer-by came to the rescue after fire broke out at a house in York.
Firefighters were called to the incident on Eldon Street at 8.19pm last night (Tuesday).
Someone walking past the house spotted flames at the upstairs window.
Eldon Street, York
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The passer-by alerted the homeowner who had extinguished the fire himself on arrival of crews.
“This fire was caused when a candle set fire to a set of curtains. Crew carried out inspection only.”