Two crews were called to a fire at a York home last night (Saturday).
Firefighters from York and Huntington responded to a report of smoke seen from a property on Towthorpe Road, Haxby at 6.38pm.
A chip pan had caught fire. The occupant had put it out before crews arrived.
Towthorpe Road, Haxby
A North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Crews carried out an inspection of the surrounding area to check for any fire spread and located a small fire in the extractor hood that they extinguished.
“Crews ventilated the property.
“The occupant of the property was advised to attend hospital for a precautionary check up for smoke inhalation and was left in the care of neighbours.”