There have been three more coronavirus cases confirmed in York today (Tuesday, 18 August).
That takes the cumulative total in the city to 942 – giving an infection rate of 447.3 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire there were nine new cases confirmed today, taking the total to 2,659 – a cumulative infection rate of 430.2 cases per 100,000 people.
There are 140 cases in Ryedale (up one), 331 in Selby (up five), 752 in Harrogate (up one) and 568 in Scarborough (up two).
There were no more coronavirus related deaths reported by York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust reported today – the total remains at 214. The last death recorded within the trust was on 18 June.
The total includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are the updated figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 320,286 (319,197)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,089 (713)
- Total number UK deaths: 41,381 (41,369)
- Daily UK deaths: 12 (3)
- Confirmed cases in York: 942 (939)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,659 (2,650)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,675 (1,675)