Six more Covid-19 related deaths have been recorded at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The total has risen to 48 as of 5pm yesterday (Monday, 13 April), according to NHS England.
Three of these deaths were recorded in the last 24 hours. The remaining five were deaths of people who have only now been confirmed to have suffered from coronavirus.
Thirty of the 48 coronavirus related deaths were at York Hospital, and 18 were at Scarborough.
Meanwhile, two more coronavirus cases have been confirmed in York, taking the total to 129.
Public Health England figures also show North Yorkshire’s official tally of cases has reached 486 – a rise of 30.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 93,873 (88,621)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 5,252 (4,342)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 12,107 (11,329)
- Daily UK deaths: 778 (717)
- Confirmed cases in York: 129 (127)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 486 (456)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 223 (220)