There’s one more confirmed coronavirus cases in York today (Thursday, 28 May), Public Health England figures show.
That takes the total in the city to 451 – an infection rate of 214.9 cases per 100,000 people.
Cases in North Yorkshire have risen by five to 1,286. The county’s infection rate now stands at 209.3 cases per 100K.
There are 79 cases in Ryedale (no change), 135 in Selby (no change), 293 in Harrogate (up one) and 305 in Scarborough (no change).
A further two people have died in York Hospital of Covid-19.
That takes the total number of people who have died across York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to 205, including 126 in York and 79 Scarborough.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 269,127 (267,240)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,887 (2,013)
- Total number UK deaths: 37,837 (37,460)
- Daily UK deaths: 377 (412)
- Confirmed cases in York: 451 (450)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,286 (1,281)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 897 (897)