There have been three more coronavirus cases confirmed in York today (Thursday, 20 August).
That takes the cumulative total in the city to 946 – giving an infection rate of 449.2 cases per 100,000 people.
The rolling seven-day rate in York is 3.8 new cases per 100,000 people (eight cases in the week to August 17). That’s down from 5.2 in the previous seven days.
In North Yorkshire there were 11 new cases confirmed today, taking the total to 2,675 – a cumulative infection rate of 432.8 cases per 100,000 people.
There are 141 cases in Ryedale (up one), 331 in Selby (no change), 758 in Harrogate (up five) and 568 in Scarborough (no change).
There were no more coronavirus related deaths reported by York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust reported today – the total remains at 214. The last death recorded within the trust was on 18 June.
The total includes 134 in York Hospital and 80 in Scarborough.
Here are the updated figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 322,280 (321,098)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,182 (812)
- Total number UK deaths: 41,403 (41,397)
- Daily UK deaths: 6 (16)
- Confirmed cases in York: 946 (943)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 2,675 (2,664)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 1,678 (1,676)