There are another seven confirmed coronavirus cases in York, the latest figures revealed.
Today’s update (Thursday, 14 May) from Public Health England shows there are now 427 cases in the city. That’s an infection rate of 203.4 per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire the number is now 1,216 – up nine – an infection rate of 197.9 per 100K.
That includes 74 cases in Ryedale (up one), 131 in Selby (up one), 268 in Harrogate (up two) and 293 in Scarborough (up three).
And there has been just one further coronavirus-related death in the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The total number of fatalities across York and Scarborough Hospitals now stands at 186, NHS England says.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 233,151 (229,705)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 3,446 (3,242)
- Total number UK deaths: 33,614 (33,186)
- Daily UK deaths: 428 (494)
- Confirmed cases in York: 427 (420)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,216 (1,207)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 777 (765)