More coronavirus cases were confirmed in York today (Saturday, 9 May).
The official figures from Public Health England show there are 393 cases in the city, up 13 in the last 24 hours. That gives the city an infection rate of 187.2 per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire, cases rose by 25 to 1,162 – an infection rate of 189.1 per 100K. That includes 70 cases in Ryedale (up by four), 120 in Selby (up one) and 262 in Harrogate (up 11).
The number of coronavirus-related deaths within the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust stands at 164.
That’s an increase of seven over the previous 24 hours, figures from NHS England show.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 215,260 (211,364)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 3,896 (4,649)
- Total number UK deaths: 31,587 (31,241)
- Daily UK deaths: 346 (626)
- Confirmed cases in York: 393 (380)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,162 (1,137)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 729 (718)