For the second successive day there have been no new coronavirus cases recorded in York, and no new deaths at the NHS trust.
York’s total cases remain at 462, giving an infection rate of 220.1 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire there was one more coronavirus case, Public Health England revealed today (Saturday, 6 June), giving a total of 1,318. That’s an infection rate of 214.5 cases per 100K.
There are 79 cases in Ryedale (no change), 137 in Selby (no change), 307 in Harrogate (no change) and 308 in Scarborough (up one).
There have been no further coronavirus-related deaths in York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in the 24 hours up to 5pm yesterday – leaving the total at 210 for the sixth day running.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 284,868 (283,311)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 1,557 (1,650)
- Total number UK deaths: 40,465 (40,261)
- Daily UK deaths: 204 (357)
- Confirmed cases in York: 462 (462)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,318 (1,317)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 931 (926)