The River Ouse is rising, and may reach the levels of last Monday.
You can read our main story about this here.
In York on Saturday evening the river had reached 3.62m. If it does peak at 4.5m or less tomorrow, as expected, the defences should hold.
Four flood warnings are in place right now:
- River Ouse at Linton Lock
- River Ouse at Naburn Lock
- River Ouse at York – riverside properties
- River Ouse at York – St George`s Field and Queen`s Staith
Full details on the Flood Warning Information Service.
- Clementhorpe has a flood defence closing the road just after the junction with River Street
- the B1222 in Naburn and Acaster Lane is closed due to flooding
- Main Street, Nether Poppleton is now open, but may flood again.
Council staff are carrying out additional inspections of the highway and preparing to repair potholes, caused by flood water.