The latest update from Public Health England shows that there are another 11 confirmed coronavirus cases in York.
That takes the total to 282.
Today’s stats (Friday, 1 May) also showed an increase in North Yorkshire 0f 24 cases, bringing the total to 932.
Figures issued by NHS England today show the number of coronavirus-related deaths in York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust now stands at 124 – five more than the previous 24 hours.
But the trust was also very pleased to report that more than 235 of their patients who had been diagnosed with Covid-19 have been discharged, on their road to recovery.
This covers both York and Scarborough hospitals.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 177,454 (171,253)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 6,201 (6,032)
- Total number UK deaths: 27,510 (26,771)
- Daily UK deaths: 739 (674)
- Confirmed cases in York: 282 (271)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 932 (908)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 584 (567)