There have been no further coronavirus deaths within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Figures released today (Friday, 22 May) by NHS England show the number remains at 196, as at 5pm yesterday – the same as in the previous 24 hours.
That includes 118 deaths in York Hospital, and 78 at Scarborough.
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in York has risen again though.
There are an extra three cases in the city, taking the total to 447 – that gives an infection rate of 213.0 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire cases have also risen by three – the new total is 1,265, an infection rate of 205.9 per 100K.
That includes 78 cases in Ryedale (up one), 134 in Selby (no change), 282 in Harrogate (no change) and 304 in Scarborough (up one).
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 254,195 (250,908)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 3,287 (2,615)
- Total number UK deaths: 36,393 (36,042)
- Daily UK deaths: 351 (338)
- Confirmed cases in York: 447 (444)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,265 (1,262)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 870 (857)