Another five cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in York.
Today’s bulletin (Friday, 29 May) from Public Health England reveals there are now 456 cases in the city.That’s an infection rate of 217.3 cases per 100,000 people.
In North Yorkshire 1,296 are infected, up ten on the day before, giving an infection rate of 210.9 cases per 100K.
There are 79 cases in Ryedale (no change), 135 in Selby (no change), 300 in Harrogate (up seven) and 305 in Scarborough (no change).
There are no new coronavirus-related deaths in the York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
The figure has stayed at 205 in the 24 hours up to 5pm yesterday (Thursday).
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 271,222 (269,127)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 2,095 (1,887)
- Total number UK deaths: 38,161 (37,837)
- Daily UK deaths: 324 (377)
- Confirmed cases in York: 456 (451)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 1,296 (1,286)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 899 (897)