Today’s official figures (Friday, 24 April) show there are now 224 confirmed coronavirus cases in York.
That’s an increase of 25 on the day before, Public Health England figures revealed.
In North Yorkshire there are now 740 confirmed cases, a rise of 22.
The number of Covid-19 related deaths within York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust had reached 96. That’s a rise of five on the previous 24 hours.
This includes 58 at York Hospital and 38 at Scarborough.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 143,464 (138,078)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 5,386 (4,583)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 19,506 (18,738)
- Daily UK deaths: 684 (616)
- Confirmed cases in York: 224 (209)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 740 (718)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 429 (412)