Today’s statistics from NHS England show there have been eight more coronavirus-related deaths at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, taking the total number of people who have died to 65.
Forty of those fatalities were at York Hospital, and the remaining 25 at Scarborough.
The number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in York has risen by seven, t0 160, Public Health England figures showed today (Friday, 17 April).
In North Yorkshire the total is now 564, an increase of 22.
Here are some of the key figures (yesterday’s numbers in brackets):
- Total lab confirmed UK cases: 108,692 (103,093)
- Daily lab confirmed UK cases: 5,599 (4,618)
- Total UK deaths in hospital: 14,576 (13,729)
- Daily UK deaths: 847 (861)
- Confirmed cases in York: 160 (153)
- Confirmed cases in North Yorkshire: 564 (542)
- Confirmed cases in East Yorkshire: 300 (272)