York Campus Nursery is expanding and in early 2024, the nursery is relocating to Heslington East Campus on the University of York into new purpose built premises.
The nursery provision will cater for up to 30 children under two years, a toddler room and a dedicated pre-school, in all capacity to provide places for up to 94 children.
We value our employees and encourage individuals to develop with us. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, now is the perfect time to join our experienced and supportive team as a Early Years Practitioner.
As an Early Years Practitioner, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality care and early education to children. You will work as part of a supportive team, helping to create a safe and engaging environment where children can learn and grow.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Being a line manager to the Early Years Assistant Practitioners
- Completing key person observations and assessments
- Maintaining records and administration systems
- Providing activities within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
A publicly recognised level 3 qualification in childcare is required.
We have a variety of contracted hours available for this role:
Predominantly based in Pre-School unit:
- Schedule 1: Monday to Friday 2pm until 6pm (20 hours per week)
Predominantly based in Toddler unit:
- Schedule 2: Monday to Friday 12pm until 6pm (30 hours per week)
Predominantly based in Baby unit:
- Schedule 3: Monday to Friday 12:30pm until 6pm (27.5 hours per week)
- Schedule 4: Monday to Friday 8am until 1pm (25 hours per week)
Please provide details in your application or via email to [email protected] of which schedule you would like to apply for.
The salary offered is £13.67 per hour.
Benefits of working for YCL:
- Generous annual leave of 38 days including 8 bank holidays (pro rata) and including two weeks off at Christmas
- Free training and attendance paid
- Enhanced company and workplace pension schemes (terms and conditions apply)
- Enhanced company sick pay, maternity and paternity pay
- Affordable on-site parking
- Concession rates at York Sport Village and Centre
- 10% off at campus Nisa supermarkets and many campus catering outlets
- Discounts at local and national restaurants, retailers and attractions
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work and campus nursery
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Free and confidential wellbeing support 24/7
- DBS application cost covered
To find out more about York Campus Nursery please visit the York Campus Nursery website.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis therefore, suitable candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview whilst this vacancy is live.
Candidates will be asked to inform us of their availability for an interview and this can be held by Zoom (video conferencing) or face to face, depending on preference.
If a suitable candidate is found, this position may close at any time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.york.ac.uk.