As an Early Years Assistant Practitioner at York Campus Nursery, you will play a crucial role in providing high-quality care and early education to children. You will work as part of a supportive team, helping to create a safe and engaging environment where children can learn and grow.
Key responsibilities and duties also include working as directed by the Early Years Practitioner and Room Leader within the general framework and to assist with assessments of children and contribute to learning journals. As part of the team you will assist in the provision of a warm, safe stimulating environment for the children within the Nursery’s care.
A publicly recognised childcare qualification at Level 2 or above is required.
- The role will be working Monday to Friday, 1pm until 6pm (25 hours per week)
- A position is available in the Baby unit and in the Toddler unit
Please provide details in your application or via email to [email protected] of which unit you would prefer to work in.
The salary offered is £16,190.40 per annum (£12.42 per hour).
Benefits of working for YCL:
- Generous annual leave of 38 days including 8 bank holidays (pro rata) and including two weeks off at Christmas.
- Free training and attendance paid
- Enhanced company and workplace pension schemes (terms and conditions apply)
- Enhanced company sick pay, maternity and paternity pay
- Affordable on-site parking
- Concession rates at York Sport Village and Centre
- 10% off at campus Nisa supermarkets and many campus catering outlets
- Discount scheme with local restaurants, retail and tradesmen
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work and campus nursery
- Discounts at local and national retailers, restaurants and attractions
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Free and confidential wellbeing support 24/7
- Uniform provided where required
- DBS application cost covered
To find out more about York Campus Nursery please visit the York Campus Nursery website.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis therefore, suitable candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview whilst this vacancy is live.
Candidates will be asked to inform us of their availability for an interview and this can be held by Zoom (video conferencing) or face to face, depending on preference.
If a suitable candidate is found, this position may close at any time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.york.ac.uk.