York Campus Nursery is expanding and in early 2024, the nursery is relocating to Heslington East Campus on the University of York into new purpose built premises.
The nursery provision will cater for up to 30 children under two years, a toddler room and a dedicated pre-school, in all capacity to provide places for up to 94 children.
We value our employees and encourage individuals to develop with us. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity, now is the perfect time to join our experienced and supportive team as an Early Years Room Leader.
As the Early Years Room Leader, you will be responsible for the day to day running of a room within the Nursery. You will perform an important role caring for children, maintaining a high quality, stimulating learning environment, supervising staff and imparting your knowledge and skills to others. You need to be a creative and reflective leader able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and support the management team.
You should have experience of supervising and motivating a team to support their development and possess excellent interpersonal communication and organisational skills. A publicly recognised level 3 qualification in childcare is required.
- 19.5 hours per week, Wednesday (13:00-17:30), Thursday and Friday (9:00-17:30)
- This role will predominantly be based in the Baby unit
The salary offered is £14.20 per hour
Benefits of working for YCL:
- Generous annual leave of 38 days including 8 bank holidays (pro rata) and including two weeks off at Christmas
- Free training and attendance paid
- Enhanced company and workplace pension schemes (terms and conditions apply)
- Enhanced company sick pay, maternity and paternity pay
- Affordable on-site parking
- Concession rates at York Sport Village and Centre
- 10% off at campus Nisa supermarkets and many campus catering outlets
- Discounts at local and national restaurants, retailers and attractions
- Salary sacrifice schemes including cycle to work and campus nursery
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Free and confidential wellbeing support 24/7
- DBS application cost covered
To find out more about York Campus Nursery please visit the York Campus Nursery website.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis therefore, suitable candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview whilst this vacancy is live.
Candidates will be asked to inform us of their availability for an interview and this can be held by Zoom (video conferencing) or face to face, depending on preference.
If a suitable candidate is found, this position may close at any time.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.york.ac.uk.