Transport and Logistics
Who are we?
YDL was established in 1989. Since our inception in 1989, YDL have continued to expand, achieve growth, and increase our loyal customer base based on our core values:
· An exemplary and personal level of service
· Offering tailored solutions to our clients based on their requirements.
· Offering the full complement of transport services.
What do we want to achieve? Our aim is to be recognised as Yorkshire & The North Easts premier provider of logistics and transport services by achieving sales growth whilst maintaining customer retention, staff retention and our customer focused ethos. YDL is the largest independent parcel & pallet carrier in the region, and this is the chance to join this fast-expanding organisation. We are currently looking for an ambituous, hardworking Sales Support person to join our team.
What we offer We offer private health & dental insurance with discounts on Gym memberships, discounts and rewards from hundreds of leading retailers and restaurants such as M&S, Sainsburys, Boots, B&Q and more.
Job Summary We are looking for an outgoing sales support team member who is confident on the phone and has outstanding communication skills. To gain commitment from new business customers by listening and fully understanding their needs, being able to match the customers’ requirements to the strengths of the business. Increasing the portfolio of prospective customers using cold calling, marketing and social media. Using effective time management to achieve the KPIs and targets set by the business. Adapting your own style to suit the needs of customers.
Ultimately, you’ll help us meet and surpass business expectations and contribute to our company’s rapid and sustainable growth.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Searching for new business leads in up to six postcode areas
· Actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, and social media
· Set up meetings for internal and external sales team members with potential clients
· Achieve all Sales targets and KPI’s as set out by the company
· Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share with internal teams
· Providing spot rates for customers
· Sales administration
· Account management
Qualifications & Experience
· High levels of integrity and empathy
· Ability to manage own time effectively to meet targets and deadlines
· Be able to adapt own style to suit the needs of internal and external customers
· Excellent communication skills
· A great team player who demonstrates the core values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability
· Educated to GCSE level or above
· Be computer literate with appropriate systems, Microsoft Word and Excel
Working Hours: 08:30am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £20,800.00 per year
Private medical insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate: York: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in York
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.