We are WorkwithYork and our client is currently looking to find Night Support Workers to support the provision of recovery focused supported housing for adults with mental health problems by ensuring a safe environment overnight.
Temporary and ad hoc positions are available, looking for an immediate start.
Pay rates range £12.95 to £14.12 to per hour, working 9.30pm to 8am, 7 days a week.
We pay weekly using online timesheets, offer a workplace pension scheme, holiday pay, and access to online training is available.
- Monitoring building security overnight.
- Providing emotional and practical support on personal issues to customers overnight as and when necessary.
- Maintaining written and electronic records and participate in the administrative tasks such as photocopying and filing.
- Carrying out general housekeeping duties as appropriate.
You will need to have:
- Care experience, not essential in Mental health but must have a basic understanding of mental illness and its effects on individuals and the difficulties they may experience as a result.
- A flexible working style to meet the differing needs of customers using the services based in the unit.
- Excellent communication skills with both customers and colleagues/other professionals.
- Basic IT skills e.g., email, Word.
- The right to work in the United Kingdom.
- An Adults DBS on the update service or be willing to undertake a new one.
For more information, please contact Kathryn on 01904 566066 and to apply please complete our application form or send an up-to-date CV, along with details of 2 referees, to [email protected].
WorkwithYork are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expect all employees and temporary staff to share this commitment. We will therefore require successful candidates to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service unless they already have a DBS on the Update Service.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.