Are you an experienced and empathetic support worker who has worked with children?
Looking for regular and rewarding local shift-based work?
We are working with our client to find Residential Support Workers for shift-based work in York starting ASAP. Shifts are varied to cover 24 hour care and will may include overnight sleep-in work.
Working with a young person with complex needs, you will be part of a dedicated team of experienced staff in a residential setting near York City Centre providing person-centred care on a 2:1 basis.
Pay is between £13.16 and to £15.79 per hour.
At WorkwithYork, we value our temporary staff (just check out our Google reviews), we offer weekly pay with enhanced rates for weekends, nights and bank holidays, holiday pay, a work-based pension scheme and monthly meetings for care staff.
What to expect:
- Supporting a young person with day-to-day living, arranging activities and visits;
- Flexibly managing changing and sometimes challenging situations calmly;
- Working to existing policies and procedures and a bespoke care plan;
- Providing a safe and structured home environment
You will need:
- Experience providing person-centred support to young people with challenging behaviour and fluctuating mental health.
- An NVQ in Childcare or Health & Social Care or equivalent experience
- The ability to work policies, procedures, produce risk assessments, reports and complete handovers.
- Restraint training (or be willing to undertake this)
WorkwithYork are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all employees and temporary staff to share this commitment. We will therefore require successful candidates to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service unless they already have a DBS on the Update Service.
For more information, please contact Michelle on 01904 555654 and to apply please complete our application form or send an up-to-date CV, along with details of 2 referees, to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.